Every so often, we roll out some theme updates to either add new functionality, address the latest best practices on the web, or to address user issues. We’ve just released Metro version 1.1, which had some improvements in the theme for speed and functionality, as well as removing deprecated functionality.
A list of the changes is available below:
- You can upload any size of logo image without modifying CSS.
- New framework implementation, code and speed optimization.
- Small slider issue resolved.
- Added few words in .po file for translation.
- Options panel error fixed for few servers.
- Slider navigation color can change with primary color.
- Small design improvements.
- Removed Twitter, Facebook & RSS counter widget. (Reason: FeedBurner deprecatedÂ APIs)
- Slider dropdown can show more than 20 categories.
- Pinterest counter button added.
- Removed Digg button.
- New social profile widget added.
- Improved Recent Posts, Category posts and Tabbed widget.
- Removed contact page due to security issue.
- Made Column shortcodes responsive on small screens.
- Added 20 extra background patterns.
- Related posts will show random posts from same category.
- Comment date issue fixed.
- Customized tag widget.
- You can use all Google Fonts
- Fixed Title font issue.
Steps to Upgrade:
- Open cPanel and find the folder named ‘metro’ in themes.
- Create backup of this zip folder and delete it.
- Add new theme folder or install theme using WordPress.
- Activate it, you will not lose any settings from Options Panel but if you have made any changes in core theme files, then those changes will be lost.
You can check live demo here and download new theme files from our Memberâs area. If you face any problem while updating, feel free to create new thread on our support forum, our support staff will help you.